Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Marriage

A couple was celebrating their Pearl wedding anniversary.

Their domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town, "What a peaceful and loving couple."

A local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their long and happy marriage. "Well, it dates back to our honeymoon," explained the man.

"We visited the Grand Canyon and took a trip down to the bottom of the Canyon by pack mule. We hadn't gone too far when my wife's mule stumbled. My wife quietly said, 'That's once.'

We proceeded a little further and the mule stumbled again. Once more my wife quietly said, 'That's twice.'

We hadn't gone a half-mile when the mule stumbled the third time. My wife quietly took out a revolver from her purse and shot the mule dead!

I started an angry protest over her treatment of the mule, when she looked at me and quietly said, 'That's once.'

Then we lived happily ever after."

No comments: